Timing Belts and Timing Chains
A timing belt and timing chain both play an important role in keeping an automobile running at peak performance. Your vehicle will contain either a timing belt or a timing chain. A timing belt is made of rubber and will crack and require replacement at specific maintenance intervals that are defined by your vehicles manufacturer. A timing chain is made of metal and will last longer. Although these timing components are made of different materials they both do the same thing by synchronizing the various parts of the engine so they can work together.
Signs that your Timing Belt Needs to be Replaced
1. You hear ticking sounds from the engine
2. Your car engine won't turn over or struggles to turn over.
3. You vehicle has reached the maintenance mileage based on your car manufacture's replacement recommendation.
4. The check engine light is illuminated
5. Your vehicle misfires or runs rough.
At Nichol's we are skilled and completing even the most complex timing repairs. With over 48 years of experience we can get the job done. Stop on by and see one of our Local Mechanics or give us a call to schedule an appointment.
Nichols Auto Repair
5030 Kipling St
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033